Gout Joint Pain - Stop Gout and Arthritis Pain and Soothe Sore Muscles With Tart CherriesCherries have had a long history of being described as the "the healing fruit". Just as cranberries prevent urinary tract infections and an apple-a-day can keep the doctor away, tart cherries are known to stop gout and arthritis pain. But if tart cherries are so good, why haven't you heard more about them? Well first, the FDA doesn't want you to know.
Cherries are a Natural and High Source of MelatoninThis helps to regulate circadian rhythms and maintain nightly sleep patterns. Also, cherries have been shown to have naturally occurring anthocyanins. Although, anthocyanins are present in also any number of colored fruit, the unique make-up of the compounds found in the tart cherry helps to fight joint pain. So in other words, the compounds in the tart cherry are natural COX-1 and COX-2 inhibitors.
- Secondly, although tart cherries have been studied for years, no real effort was ever really made to promote the health benefits of the tart cherry.
- However, the cherry growers are really getting the word out about cherries to the world.
- Addition to fresh cherries and cherry drinks you can also choose from tart cherry juice concentrate and tart cherry capsules.
- One of the benefits of tart cherry juice concentrate is it takes approximately 100 cherries to make just one ounce of tart cherry juice.
- So the tart cherry juice is a highly concentrated way to get your daily dose of cherries. www.traversebayfarms.com
Addition to fighting joint pain, research also shows tart cherry juice helps to soothe sore muscles due to physical exercise. According to a study published in the British Journal of Medicine in June 2006, found that a drink made with tart cherry juice proved effective in reducing exercise-caused muscle pain and exercise-induced strength loss. The study was conducted on college athletes and the results basically found that the tart cherry drink helped to reduce pain and strength loss when compared to the placebo.
Fact, just a few years ago the FDA threatened over two dozen cherries companies for sharing information on the research conducted by the USDA how cherries help fight gout and joint pain. So much for freedom of speech in America. This is something similar to what happened to the cranberry sellers several years ago. They were also threatened. But look at it today, research shows that cranberries can fight urinary tract infections. Thanks for the freedom of speech in America.