Allopurinol - a Diet Plan for Gout With a Cherry on TopAlmost 90% of gout victims are men over thirty years old. But women can also suffer from gout, especially if they take certain medications such as blood pressure drugs. Most women who suffer from gout are 60 years or older.
It's Best to Eat the Cherries or Drink the Cherry Juice Between MealsSo why do cherries work for some people with gout? Because gout destroys the collagen that is needed to form connective tissue and cherries stop that destruction. Cherries also neutralize uric acid and have anti-inflammatory properties. We can proudly say that there is no competition to the meaning of Uric Acid Levels, when comparing this article with other articles on Uric Acid Levels found on the net.
- Red and black cherries - fresh, frozen or canned - have been used successfully to treat gout.
- Drinking several tablespoons of black cherry juice daily may produce the same effect.
So you may want to discuss with your doctor if an alternative approach might work for you. An approach without the toxic side effects of gout drugs. One dietary approach is simply to eat cherries. In the 1950s, Dr. Ludwig Blau discovered that he could keep his gout away by eating a minimum of 6 cherries a day. It helped his crippling gout so much that he was actually able to get out of his wheelchair and start walking again. We do not mean to show some implication that Kidney Stones have to rule the world or something like that. We only mean to let you know the actual meaning of Kidney Stones!
- Some high-purine foods are meats, especially organ meats, gravies, herring, mussels, sardines, fish, and alcohol.
- At least one study suggests that high-purine foods such as beans, peas, mushrooms, spinach and cauliflower do not make gout worse.
- But you should consult your doctor for the latest information and recommendations.
- The facts on Uric Acid Levels mentioned here have a consequential impact on your understanding on Uric Acid Levels.
- This is because these facts are the basic and important points about Uric Acid Levels.
Many Other PeopleSome of whom have written to Prevention magazine - have also found relief by adding cherries to their diets. Supposedly, if you already have crippling gout or if you feel a gout attack coming on, you should eat 15 to 30 cherries a day at first to get your gout under control, then 6 to 10 cherries a day after that to keep the gout away. Producing such an interesting anecdote on Allopurinol took a lot of time and hard work. So it would be enhancing to us to learn that you have made good use of this hard work!
You Should Always Consult a Doctor for Treatment of GoutBut some of the drugs used for gout - such as allopurinol, colchicine, indomethacin, and prednisone - can cause serious side effects. The first impression is the best impression. We have written this article on Purine Foods in such a way that the first impression you get will definitely make you want to read more about it!
There are Other Changes You can Make to Your Diet, TooFor example, eating a cup of strawberries may help to control gout. You should also drink plenty of water to help flush the uric acid out of your body. Six to eight 8-ounce glasses a day is probably best. We have included the history of Purine Foods here so that you will learn more about its history. It is only through it's history can you learn more about Purine Foods.
He Discovered His "Cherry Cure" by AccidentOne day, he ate a large bowl of cherries and the next day, his foot pain was gone. He found that as long as he ate the cherries every day, his gout was controlled. Don't be surprised if you find anything unusual here about Uric Acid Crystals. There has been some interesting and unusual things here worth reading.
- Gout is a form of arthritis caused by high levels of uric acid in the blood, tissues, and urine.
- The uric acid can form crystals which collect in joints such as the big toe.
- In fact, your big toe can become so painful and swollen that even the weight of a bedsheet can be agonizing.
- Having a penchant for Purine led us to write all that there has been written on Purine here.
- Hope you too develop a penchant for Purine!
- Gout isn't properly controlled, it can cause kidney stones and even more serious kidney disease.
- Gout is also associated with high blood pressure, diabetes, and atherosclerosis.