Laser Kidney Stone Removal - Natural Gout Treatment - Which Vitamins are Good for Gout?
Only a few vitamins have been really researched as contributors to a natural gout remedy. One is vitamin C which a few studies have found lowers uric acid levels somewhat. I have written about vitamin C for gout in earlier articles. Make sure you buy a Vitamin C preparation that contains added flavonoids, the more the better, to make it work more effectively. And buy a time (sustained) release Vitamin C product, because Vitamin C is excreted quickly.
- Folic acid has been found in at least one study to be helpful because it inhibited xanthine oxidase, but in others to have no effect.
- It was part of the late Dr.
- Atkins's (the Atkins diet) formula for curing gout naturally but in large amounts.
- It should certainly only be taken under supervision by a qualified and experienced practitioner.
- Potassium citrate is reported to be helpful in natural gout treatment, and has been the subject of gout studies.
- It aids excretion of uric acid, by raising the pH of urine. (Higher body pH levels make uric acid more soluble and thus better excreted).
- Potassium citrate can also head off the danger of kidney stones, of the uric acid variety, forming.
- One estimate is that there is a 20% chance that kidney stones will form in gout patients who also have acidic urine.
It is Caused by the Deposition of Chalky Crystals Around the Joints
Fish Oils are Also Good for Gout Because They Promote a Healthier BodyTheir omega -3 fatty acids (EPA and DHA) are a dietary deficiency for many people, especially those who don't eat fish. Omega -3 fatty acids are required to bring about a better balance of omega -3 and omega -6 oils in the body. Most people, it is thought, do get sufficient omega -6 fatty acids, especially if they fry with oils such as corn, soy, sunflower, safflower or sesame. Or, if they use these oils as salad oils. But people don't get enough of the omega -3's. This better balance promotes better health. Gout sufferers need to be as healthy as possible. Note: gout sufferers should not eat fish high in purines such as mackerel, anchovies, and sardines.
Ensure the fish oil supplement you buy has been manufactured with a molecular distillation process. It takes out mercury, PCBs and dioxins. Since cherries have been researched as blocking inflammation, they should be considered. Cherries have also been found in studies to lower uric acid levels. When they are not in season their dietary supplement extracts, juice and in dried form can be taken. Cherries enjoy testimonials from gout sufferers both for curing gout naturally and halting the pain of attacks, but they won't do this for everyone. Celery, in two studies, also reduced pain and inflammation, so you can consider celery seed extract as part of natural gout treatment. It was really tough can apple cider vinegar treatment treatment gout in the foot? get the answer here previously. Now with the advent of the Internet, anyone can access any useful information on gout condition of the day.
Vitamins Work in Other Ways to Help in Natural Gout TreatmentThose that work as antioxidants perform the helpful function of squelching free radicals. Why is this helpful? Because during gout attacks, free radical levels rise. Some leading antioxidant vitamins are vitamin C, vitamin E, beta carotene and selenium.
How Do Kidney Stones Form? How Can We Prevent Them? Animation Video - Renal Calculi Pathophysiology
- Quercetin may inhibit xanthine oxidase, the enzyme required to convert purines into uric acid.
- This is the method used by the leading long term gout pharmaceutical, allopurinol.
- Quercetin has done this in test tube studies.
- There are no boundaries on countries for one to access information about Gout through the Internet.
- All one has to do is to surf, and then the required matter is availed!
Calcium May be Helpful Because It Helps to Alkalize the Body, (I.EIt raises its pH levels making the body more alkaline) and thus, the theory is, more uric acid will be excreted. In pH theory, because the blood's pH must be maintained at pH 365, the body will scavenge calcium from bones to maintain blood pH at Most people, it's said, and probably most gout sufferers too, have acidic bodies (which ought to be alkaline) alternative gout treatment: ways and efficiency of calcium.
Given that gout attacks are inflammatory, as shown by the painful inflammation of the affected joints, any substance which acts as an anti-inflammatory may make the attack less painful and inflamed. Fish oils have well researched anti-inflammatory properties.